90% of customers find personalized offers appealing. 80% of customers prefer doing business with companies that provide personalized customer experience. This makes personalization more valuable. Researches show customer interaction satisfaction was 3-5% higher when no call scripts were used by the support representatives.
Customer service and support evolving. It is natural that personalization and customers’ outlook on it change too. As a result, we are witnessing the evolution of personalization and its tools.
There are two personalization fields: B2C and B2B.
Personalization in B2C
62% of marketers say hyper-personalization is a crucial part of their strategy. Only 9% claim they implement their decisions correctly though. Along their customer journey, consumers may change their pace, preferences and goals. As a result, their personal data and web-behavior may change as well. To keep up with these shifts, businesses need to implement the best digital tools to create the most personalized customer experience possible.
The best example of B2C personalization would be retail companies and CRM systems they use for providing personalized offers to every customer. But there are other tools that might lead towards an increase in retention:
- 54% of businesses saw conversion rate increase after search engine strategy personalization;
- 61% of businesses saw conversion rate increase after web-site personalization;
- 65% of businesses saw an increase in conversion rate after email campaign personalization.
At the same time 39% of businesses found the process of personalization extremely difficult. There are several steps any business can take to ease it:
- Establish omnichannel personalization — PWC have found the number of businesses investing in omnichannel approach for personalization purposes has reached 80%. Omnichannel presence can provide businesses with invaluable information on customers’ behavior in real time and across all channels of communication. It gives brands the ability to understand how customers communicate with it and personalize not only the entire experience but every step of customer journey. This could help establish a tighter bond between customers and the brand and give the latter the tools to provide the best services.
- Analyze the data — a business striving to create the best experience must gather all possible pieces of information and use them to enhance customer experience. What should be done is the structuralization of said data. 12% of customers get frustrated with support teams due to the lack of speed in their service. It is important to make sure customer support and service consultants do not drown in the sea of information gathered about a customer and can provide their services in the shortest time.
- Provide secure solutions — only 25% of customers believe businesses handle their personal data responsibly. To increase these numbers, businesses must start addressing the growing cybersecurity concerns by doing both: obtaining more cybersecurity certification like HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO and educating their customer base on what obtaining them really means. This could elevate the level of trust towards business and will stimulate the customers to provide more of their personal information for companies they work with.
‼️ Businesses gathering users’ data should also remember about the ethical side of the question — the more data is gathered, the more vulnerable it makes the customers. 75% of customers are more willing to provide their data to the brands they trust. Ensure:
- Secure gathering and storing processes;
- No-breach possibility;
- The customers’ knowledge on all security measures and certifications.
We at SupportYourApp are HIPAA-, ISO- and GDPR-compliant as well as PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider certified. We know everything there is to know about secure services and data storage, and we can ensure the best and most efficient services for our clients’ customers all over the world.
Personalization in B2B
72% of business buyers expect their existing and potential partners to form a deep understanding of their needs and want to see this understanding reflected in personalized experience.
Businesses tend not to provide the information about themselves. It is the task of each POC while preparing for the call or making a deal to learn everything about the business they are dealing with, its top management and even their business goals for the nearest future. This will allow to provide the most personalized offers right on the spot, cementing the deal.
How to form a deep understanding of the company?
- Learn their history and their business strategy;
- Read their public financial statements;
- Research into their partnerships and affiliates;
- Always keep in touch with the POC.
B2B operations are impossible without personalization. But only 27% of businesses say their partners anticipate and meet their needs via a personalized experience. This can be due to the lack of data gathering or a general lack of understanding of its importance.
Gathering the data is not enough. 25% of B2B data is not accurate and gets in the way of fully personalizing the services and offers. Data validation will help a business keep track of real-time data changes and shifts and will enhance personalized approaches along many years of B2B collaboration.
It is also important not to over-gather the data as 60-73% of it tends to go unused, overwhelming the system and those having to work with it. Gather all the bits of information that will be 100% useful for a business, otherwise losing the thread of personalization becomes too easy.
Customer Support as a Data Gathering Tool
SupportYourApp team can provide:
- ✅ KYC;
- ✅ Data validation;
- ✅ Surveys outreaches;
- ✅ Database management and maintenance.
All services are provided in a safe PCI DSS-compliant environment and in accordance with the highest security standards and regulations. We understand the importance and the power of personal approach and can ensure your customers are satisfied with our services.
Anna has been working as a writer for 5 years. She previously wrote about financial markets, conducting the research on the state of bonds and stocks on a daily basis. She is a keen reader with interest in historical literature and international cuisine. Her latest obsession — customer communication and ways to perfect it. If you want to connect with Anna, follow her on LinkedIn.Posted on