Customers are the backbone of your company. Make sure your customer service team is treating them well by inspiring them with these 51 famous customer support quotes.
No matter how awesome your app is, no matter how innovative your new IoT gadget is, you are nothing without your customers. And it’s your job to cram this golden rule into that unmotivated employee’s head.
With these 51 customer support quotes, you can convert any unmotivated team members into customer support workaholics.
In this article, we'll cover:
Enjoy these customer support quotes!
1. The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just best, but legendary — Sam Walton, Founder of Walmart
2. It is not the employer that pays the wages. Employers only handle the money… It is the customer who pays the wages — Henry Ford
3. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless — Mother Teresa
4. If you work JUST for money, you will never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours — Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald’s
5. We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better — Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
6. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning — Bill Gates
7. A man without a smiling face must not open up a shop — Chinese proverb
8. Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends — Walt Disney
9. Be everywhere, do everything, and never fail to astonish the customer — Macy’s motto
10. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others — Gandhi
Now onto some that you may have heard before!
11. If you’re not serving the customer, your job is to be serving someone who is — Jan Carlzon
12. Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what you need well before they realize it themselves — Steve Jobs
13. Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They DO expect you to fix things when they go wrong — Donald Porter, VP British Airways
14. One customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising — Jim Rohn
15. The customer experience is the next competitive battleground—Jerry Gregoire, CIO Microsoft
16. Consumers are statistics, customers are people — Stanley Marcus
17. There are no traffic jams along the extra mile — Roger Staubach, Superbowl IV MVP
18. If you don’t take care of your customers, someone else will — Unknown
19. Always do more than is required of you — George Patton
20. Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement — J.C. Penney
Great quotes for any life situation!
21. Well done is better than well said — Ben Franklin
22. When the customer comes first, the customer will last — Robert Half
23. There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down simply be spending his money somewhere else — Sam Walton
24. In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts. — Jeff Bezos
25. Dealing with people is probably the biggest problem you face, especially if you are in business. Yes, and that is also true if you are a housewife, architect or engineer — Dale Carnegie
26. The more you engage with customers, the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing — John Russell, President of Harley Davidson
27. Make a customer, not a sale— Katherine Barchetti
28. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else — Booker T. Washington
29. Here is a simple but powerful rule: Always give people more than they expected to get — Nelson Boswell
30. If you don’t genuinely like your customers, chances are they won’t buy — Thomas Watson, former CEO of IBM
These will always ring true!
31. The longer you wait, the harder it is to produce outstanding customer service — Unknown
32. There is a spiritual aspect to our lives. When we give we receive. When a business does something good for somebody, that somebody feels good about them! — Ben Cohen, Ben & Jerry’s
33. Under promise and over deliver — Toby Bloomberg
34. If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting — Stephen Covey
35. It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself —Eleanor Roosevelt
36. Whatever you are, be a good one — Abraham Lincoln
37. Give trust and you’ll get it double in return — Kees Kamies
38. Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living — Albert Einstein
39. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein
40. Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much — Blaise Pascal, Mathematician, physicist, and inventor
Some words that you should never forget!
41. To keep a customer demands as much skill as to win one — American Proverb
42. Customer service is the new marketing — Derek Sivers, Founder CD Baby
43. Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us — Earl Nightingale, Author and motivational speaker
44. Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards — Elbert Hubbard, Artist and Writer
45. I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen — Ernest Hemingway
46. Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy — Gretta Palmer, Author and Editor
47. A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed — Henrik Ibsen, Poet
48. Repeat business or behavior can be bribed. Loyalty has to be earned — Janet Robinson, former CEO and Pres. of New York Times
49. Memorable customer service can only take place in a human-to-human situation — Jeffery Gitomer, Author and Professional Speaker
50. One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of attention — Jim Rohn, Author and Motivational Speaker
51. The time is always right to do what is right — Martin Luther King Jr.
There you have it… 51 motivational customer support quotes to use in a speech or hang anywhere in the office for all of your employees to see!
Let me know with a comment which customer service quote is your #1 favorite!